Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Into the Breach DS4  (Read 139 times)

Jnov36

• Level 2
Into the Breach DS4
« on: 09. May 2018, 13:18:24 »

Hello all,
Just started playing and love it.  Combat flows very well and fast.  I was wondering if Into the Breach has been updated to 4th edition?  If so, in English?  I can update the weapons from 4 myself but was wondering if it had been done officially.  I'm talking about elven bow, dwarves axe, etc.  Thanks

Kalajel

• Level 16
  • Angry Badger God
Re: Into the Breach DS4
« Reply #1 on: 09. May 2018, 20:38:37 »

IIRC, the options from Into The Breach and some from other 3.5 supplements were included into the base game in 4th edition.

Jnov36

• Level 2
« Reply #2 on: 11. May 2018, 20:07:18 »

Thanks for the response.  I still think I'm going to add it in.  I really like the idea of rolling to hit/damage and then adding the weapon bonus.  Larger more powerful weapons will do more damage on average.  I also like the idea of resolving damage/blocking and then minusing your armor.  Maybe I'm just reminiscing of wfrp. 
Once I'm done with the modified weapon and armor charts I'll throw them up here.

Kalajel

• Level 16
  • Angry Badger God
« Reply #3 on: 12. May 2018, 00:26:49 »

From experience, I can tell you that the heavier weapons are already doing a really good job of inflicting more damage on the opponent, especially when they lower the opponent's defense.
Personally, I do not feel the need to add damage bonuses as this would make the game much more deadlier, but if that is what you're looking for, go for it.

Jnov36

• Level 2
« Reply #4 on: 18. May 2018, 02:06:35 »

Nothing new here, just combining DS4 with into the breach.  So far only ranged and melee weapons.  Will be adding armor and firearms.

Initiative mod   Damage Bonus   Armor Pen
RANGED         
Elven Bow   2   3   -2
Long Bow   2   2   -1
Short Bow   3   1   0
Heavy Crossbow   -4   3   -3
Light Crossbow   -2   2   -2
Sling   1   0   0
Throwing Knife   2   0   0

MELEE         
Axe (2h)   -2   3   -2
Battle Flail   -4   4   -4
Brass Knuckles   2   0   0
Club   1   1   0
Dagger   2   0   0
Dwarven Axe (2h)   -1   4   -3
Flail   -1   2   -2
Great Axe (2h)   -3   4   -3
Halbard (2h)   -2   2   0
Hammer   0   1   -2
Hatchet   -1   2   2
Lance   trot/gallop   1 / 4   1 / 4   0 / -2
Mace   0   1   -1
Morningstar   0   1   -2
Quarter Staff (2h)   0   1   0
Spear   1   2   2
Broad Sword   1   2   -2
Long Sword   1   2   0
Short Sword   2   1   0
Two-handed Sword (2h)   -4   4   -3
Unarmed   2   0   5
War Hammer (2h)   -4   4   -4

Sorry about that, I need to find an easy program on my tablet that will format correctly for forums.

Jnov36

• Level 2
« Reply #5 on: 25. June 2018, 01:54:42 »

Well we played that way for one adventured and decided it complicated and slowed down combat too much.  Not that anything needs to be changed but we want armor and specific weapons to feel more meaningful.  We used DS4 weapon chart but we added the WB to the minimum damage of 2 to give a new minimum.  For example a warrior rolls a 2 for their attack roll.  He uses a two handed sword so he adds 4 (WB of 4) to 2 (his attack rollb) to give a damage of 6.  For armor we upped leathe to 2 av, chain to 3 and plate to 4.  It is still part of your defense roll but is always subtracted from damage regardless of a passed or failed defense roll.  That rule also applies for creatures.  It seems to be working very well
     Like I said, nothing needs to be changed.  The combat system works very well as is.  We just were slanted to the WFRP way of armor.
     We are starting to work on ideas for counters and tokens to work with.  We use firearms so I'm going to cut a circle of wood and drill holes equall to the number of rounds the firearm can be loaded to.  We will then use spent shells in the holes and remove them when it is fired.