Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Author Topic: House rules?  (Read 146 times)

Kame the Bard

• Level 3
House rules?
« on: 08. April 2018, 02:27:05 »

Howdy!
I managed to convince some friends to give Dungeonslayers a shot, so now I'm starting to ponder some things. My first question would be: What are some of the house rules that you use?
My first that I'm thinking about is that using Progress Points for Traits only cost 2 no matter the class/trait. It just feels like that classes that are hybrids (paladin, assassin, battlemage, monk, arguably the cleric) or anyone that uses Targeted Spellcasting are at a disadvantage. I don't think that should unbalance things (there's enough other counter-balances built into magic already).

What are some solutions for the problem of everyone being healed to the top after every encounter? I've thought about just not giving them that much down time ("something is coming...") but I doubt that I'd be able to keep that up.

Are there any other fun or balancing rules that come to mind?

Kalajel

• Level 16
  • Angry Badger God
Re: House rules?
« Reply #1 on: 09. April 2018, 03:41:31 »

Well, the problem with everyone being healed after combat is that damage traps are pretty much useless since a party will have healing on demand. So you should opt for traps which holds, delays, traps, disorients, or splits the party.

A good houserule is to give Mages 2 1st level spells at first level in order to have a bit more flexibility, be less boring to play, and be able to experiment with spellchanging checks from level 1.

So far, me and my players have also like my rule about lowering the level of entry for hero classes to level 8.