Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /homepages/15/d176520641/htdocs/dungeonslayersUS/forum/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /homepages/15/d176520641/htdocs/dungeonslayersUS/forum/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Firearms rules

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Firearms rules  (Read 1367 times)

Stargazer

• Global Moderator
  • Level 7
  • Rockstar
    • Stargazer's World
Firearms rules
« on: 05. March 2009, 20:28:30 »

I posted a preview of the upcoming firearms rules for DS on my blog.

http://www.stargazersworld.com/2009/03/05/firearms-for-dungeonslayers/

Enjoy!  :)

Daemonhunter

• Level 3
  • Landsknecht
Re: Firearms rules
« Reply #1 on: 26. March 2009, 19:54:01 »

I am still waiting for the full Feuerwerk in English. I can't believe I missed this preview all this time. I'll try them out sometime and give you feedback. Oh, and wouldn't "Repeater Gun" sound better than "Revolver"? I understand what you're trying to write, but in my own opinion, "Revolver" sounds like it belongs in a Western RPG.
Wer Dungeonslayers nicht kennt, hat den Sinn f?r die Realit?t verloren.

CK

• Administrator
  • Level 15
  • Ignore my grammar
    • Dungeonslayers
« Reply #2 on: 27. March 2009, 01:20:14 »

"Revolver" sounds like it belongs in a Western RPG.
So it does in german. Explicit.
But Feuerwerk has some of this "western-firearms", special duell-rules for highnoons and some notes on DS & Westerncampaigns. Stargazer didn't made Feuerwerk only about firearms, it's also a tool to play other firearms-setting than standard-gunpowdered-fantasy with DS. ;)
See that's why I kill so many npcs - you never know.

Stargazer

• Global Moderator
  • Level 7
  • Rockstar
    • Stargazer's World
« Reply #3 on: 08. April 2009, 22:38:47 »

CK is right, I added a lot of stuff that allows to create a fantasy-western, swashbuckling or even steampunk campaign with Dungeonslayers.
If I had more time, I would continue to work on a translation of "Feuerwerk". But currently I am working on just too many projects at once. But you can check out the Dungeonslayers Wiki. Michael Garcia has already uploaded an early draft of "Fireworks"!

fyodoroprichnikbasmanov

• Level 5
« Reply #4 on: 06. July 2011, 21:26:54 »

First of all, thanks to all those who put effort for providing us with such a great supplement. I'm really impressed by the "fireworks".

But I think there's a little problem (in fact not even a real problem) in the fireworks supplement. The table on the bottom of page 4 has a title, an abbreviation. It's ZB. For an avarage beginner dungeon slayer (let's take into account that he would be a slightly slow thinker like me), things may get complicated. Because I searched the term through all the books (English Translations) and could not find the abbreviation ZB. I have already known it. It was casting bonus. But I couldn't be sure. When I translated "spell casting" into German, the response was "zaubern" (I'm no good at German, not at all). Then I thought that during the translation, the term remained German (like Zaubern Bonus I think).

Can you fix it please?