Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren.
Hast du deine Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Benutzername: Passwort:

Autor Thema: Some new house rules  (Gelesen 1805 mal)

Orkogo

• Stufe 1
  • Kultur: Waldelfen
  • Klasse: Heiler
  • Dungeonslayer
    • Awards
Some new house rules
« am: 24. März 2019, 17:55:56 »

Hi! Sorry for the English (may the Google translate it). I write some house rules.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lpQ-fYYHUahz4iTZZ5BfB0khY6ux9uUj_MXaupi-Y5o/edit?usp=sharing

You can comment it here or on the Drive. Thank you for the comments!

Sintholos

• Darc-Redaktion
  • Stufe 20
  • Kultur: Vandrianer
  • Klasse: Krieger
  • Slayer!!!!
  • Redakteur bei Burning Books 1000+ Postings Slaydakteur: Hat an 1+ Ausgaben der SLAY! mitgewirkt Chronist (Gold): Hat 12+ DS-Spielsessionberichte gepostet DS-Communitykalender Scriptor (Bronze): Fanwerk oder Tool für DS erstellt
    • Awards
Antw:Some new house rules
« Antwort #1 am: 24. März 2019, 19:38:07 »

You have some interesting takes on many of the core rules of the Slay Engine there. I actually would have to try these rules in a one-shot or two to figure out how I liked them, since they change the whole game quite a lot, I think.

Some of the ideas we discussed in the forum as well (just in German). Especially the removal of classes and that you would have to put ranks in different new talents to access certain kinds of magic or even armor and weapons. Regarding the healing issue there is already a solution, called "Zauberwerk" in German. I don't know if it's available in English. It basically introduces Mana into the game, defines the pool and its replenishment combined with corresponding talents. Additionally it removes having to change the active spell with a roll and cooldoowns. So you could spam fireballs, but would run out of mana fast, since replenishing is quite slow, even out of combat.

I quite like the idea of getting rid of the TP for a flat 6 PP. I only see an issue with it, when playing with culture talent sets from the official Caera-Box. If you are unaware: it basically introduces sets regarding the cultural background of the characters, which allows them to buy certain talents for 2 PP, if they are mainly battle related (like battle cry) or 1 PP, if they are certain fields of knowledge, like farming, or craftsmanship. For a lot of talents this might throw out the 3 PP cost of the talents and makes some of them way cheaper. Since most of the really cheap ones would be more fluff-related it wouldn't make a huge difference, but if you could take Endurance from a talent set, you would get 3 HP and additional resistance against poison or sickness for just 2 PP and all the ranks you coulld skill. Same goes for other talents. I don't know if I like that or not.  ::) :D

CK

• Administrator
  • Stufe 20
  • Kultur: Bergzwerge
  • Just slay
  • Redakteur bei Burning Books Hat 1+ MGQ geleitet Hat 1+ MGQ-Spielbericht veröffentlicht 1000+ Postings Chronist (Silber): Hat 4+ DS-Spielsessionberichte gepostet Scriptor (Gold): Inhalte für Printpublikation verfasst Gehört zu den Oberen 10 Themenstartern
    • Dungeonslayers.de
    • Awards
« Antwort #2 am: 24. März 2019, 21:55:01 »

Hi, Orkogo - glad you came here :thumbup:

Orkogo

• Stufe 1
  • Dungeonslayer
    • Awards
« Antwort #3 am: 25. März 2019, 14:15:05 »

Sintholos, thank you for the information, I'm going to read this Zauberwerk and Caera-Box. I speak German a little bit, and Google is meine Freundin. :-)

Sintholos

• Darc-Redaktion
  • Stufe 20
  • Kultur: Vandrianer
  • Slayer!!!!
  • Redakteur bei Burning Books 1000+ Postings Slaydakteur: Hat an 1+ Ausgaben der SLAY! mitgewirkt Chronist (Gold): Hat 12+ DS-Spielsessionberichte gepostet DS-Communitykalender Scriptor (Bronze): Fanwerk oder Tool für DS erstellt
    • Awards
« Antwort #4 am: 25. März 2019, 16:23:54 »

Sintholos, thank you for the information, I'm going to read this Zauberwerk and Caera-Box. I speak German a little bit, and Google is meine Freundin. :-)

There is lots of great fanmade stuff out there... it's just mostly German, which might be the biggest problem.

You can find most of it here.

Zauberlehrling

• Stufe 20
  • Kultur: Wyndländer
  • Er will doch nur spielen!
  • DS-Communitykalender Registrierter Betatester Slaydakteur: Hat an 1+ Ausgaben der SLAY! mitgewirkt Chronist (Gold): Hat 12+ DS-Spielsessionberichte gepostet SL einer Forenrunde DS-Online 1000+ Postings Scriptor (Bronze): Fanwerk oder Tool für DS erstellt
    • Awards
« Antwort #5 am: 25. März 2019, 16:28:31 »

Be free to ask if you need help with the translations - if you really want to change it a little up with the hero-classes you might also consider:

https://forum.burning-books.de/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=9486.0;attach=9786
or
http://dungeonslayers.net/download/kalender2013/171213Heldenadepten.pdf

Both will help to introduce hero-classes much sooner.

Orkogo

• Stufe 1
  • Dungeonslayer
    • Awards
« Antwort #6 am: 25. März 2019, 19:55:11 »

Danke, danke, danke! :-)

This Zauberwerk is very interesting, and in the Slayer's Pit (what a great thing!) I found a lot of interesting title! And I can read it easily with the Google Translate.

So, thank you very much!