Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren.
Hast du deine Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Benutzername: Passwort:

Autor Thema: Zauberwechsel  (Gelesen 3015 mal)

vikleroy

• Stufe 5
  • Dungeonslayer
    • Awards
Zauberwechsel
« am: 08. August 2016, 14:36:10 »

I ask myself why mages have to use one round to change their active spells. All other characters that can attack (fighters, scouts,...) doesn't have this kind of restriction.

Depending of the answer (game unbalanced perhaps), I'll think about to change active spell, and launch the spell in the same round (like rolling 1).

Even with a PnJ, when he has lot of spells to launch, spend 1 round to change the spell can be fatal.

What's the reason of this changespell?

Agonira

• Darc-Redaktion
  • Stufe 20
  • Kultur: Narrländer
  • Klasse: Zauberer
  • Ehrengrenzer, Dresdenslayer und Kronenmarkslayer
  • Chronist (Gold): Hat 12+ DS-Spielsessionberichte gepostet DS-Pet: Besitzt ein DS spielendes Haustier Slaydakteur: Hat an 1+ Ausgaben der SLAY! mitgewirkt Schimmerbund: Mitglied im Schimmerbund DS-Communitykalender Redakteur bei Burning Books Scriptor (Silber): 2+ offizielle Downloads für DS erstellt 1000+ Postings Registrierter Betatester Kulturennenner: 5 Lieblingskulturen Caeras ausführlich genannt
    • Awards
Antw:Zauberwechsel
« Antwort #1 am: 08. August 2016, 14:45:50 »

Well, in fact, fighters and scouts do have such a restriction when changing their weapons, which, of course, does not occur as often as changing spells does. I assume that this was a balancing question indeed.  :-\

My group also argued about whether spell changing as well as weapon changing/drawing should be a “movement action". So they could “change and attack”  or “change and walk” (what would be similar to “running”) in one round, but not “change and attack and walk” (so it's no "free action"). Maybe this could be an alternative for you, too?  :)

vikleroy

• Stufe 5
  • Dungeonslayer
    • Awards
« Antwort #2 am: 08. August 2016, 14:48:52 »

My group also argued about whether spell changing as well as weapon changing/drawing should be a “movement action". So they could “change and attack”  or “change and walk” (what would be similar to “running”) in one round, but not “change and attack and walk”. Maybe this could be an alternative for you, too?  :)
This sounds good to me. I'll wait if other players have other arguments.

Flost888

• Stufe 16
  • Kultur: Wüstenzwerge
  • Klasse: Späher
  • Auf bald in den Zwergenhallen von Barcamar!
  • Scriptor (Bronze): Fanwerk oder Tool für DS erstellt DS-Communitykalender SL einer Forenrunde DS-Online Chronist (Gold): Hat 12+ DS-Spielsessionberichte gepostet Schimmerbund: Mitglied im Schimmerbund Slaydakteur: Hat an 1+ Ausgaben der SLAY! mitgewirkt 1000+ Postings Mitglied der DS-GooglePlus-Gruppe Kulturennenner: 5 Lieblingskulturen Caeras ausführlich genannt
    • Awards
« Antwort #3 am: 08. August 2016, 16:34:30 »

I support Agonira's opinion.
Mages have in higher Levels powerfull spells like Fireball or lightning chain (maybe other name?), wich attack multiple Enemys. Warrior and Scout have this chance only with talents (2 Weapons/ Salve or similar).
So for my it is balancing! And with a Wand, mages don't have to wait!
So macht man das in der Schweiz => sehr gut Flo!

"Teil des Forums, Teil der Crew... Teil des Forums, Teil der Crew... Teil des Forums, Teil der Crew..."

Wirrkopf

• Stufe 13
  • Kultur: Alle
  • Klasse: Alle
  • Regelfuchs mit Heldenklasse Konvertierer
  • Schimmerbund: Mitglied im Schimmerbund 250+ Postings
    • Awards
« Antwort #4 am: 08. August 2016, 17:09:21 »

Well I think, that this need for changing spells is intentionally build into the SLAY-Engine to balance the otherwise very powerfull spellcasters, so that scouts and warriors could keep up.

Think about the many benefits the casters have: They get new spells AND talents every level without any extra costs, many rather powerfull spells can be cast every round for an infinite ammount of time, due to their repertoire of spells they can become incredibly versatile and so on
Creationist: When we all decendet from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?

Scientist: When we all are created from clay, why is there still clay?