Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren.
Hast du deine Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Benutzername: Passwort:

Autor Thema: Health points  (Gelesen 1508 mal)

vikleroy

• Stufe 5
  • Dungeonslayer
    • Awards
Health points
« am: 25. Mai 2015, 14:59:26 »

I ask myself about the health points of players. Actually, players gain health points by using 1 talent point (PT) against 1 HP, or by using Endurance talent, that gives him 3 HP by level.

Is that enough to confront players agains high level creatures, that many times, when hitting you, you have no defense? For warriors, they have high defense that can give them more resistance, but for mages, if they aren't so far enough from archers, they die with one arrow.

Perhaps that need more strategy for players?

What was the reflexion for using this kind of rules, and not give HP free for players at the same time than gaining level?

MH+

• Stufe 20
  • Kultur: Alle
  • Klasse: Alle
  • Chronist (Gold): Hat 12+ DS-Spielsessionberichte gepostet Mitglied der DS-GooglePlus-Gruppe Kulturennenner: 5 Lieblingskulturen Caeras ausführlich genannt Mitglied der DS-Facebook-Gruppe Gehört zu den Oberen 10 Themenstartern Slaydakteur: Hat an 1+ Ausgaben der SLAY! mitgewirkt Unser die Besonnenheit: Hat das Arltum Caernos in den Kronkriegen unterstützt Mitglied in einem DS-Club 1000+ Postings SL einer Forenrunde DS-Online
    • Awards
Antw:Health points
« Antwort #1 am: 25. Mai 2015, 16:24:25 »

The HP progression/scaling in DS4 is overall not very well done.

However, this is (just like the perception issue) an overall flaw of most fantasy rpgs, where HP loses its importance over time.

I recall reading CK somewhere that giving PCs +1HP/level in addition to the initial KÖR+HÄ+10 being one solution. Also, one of my standard house rules was that you could buy +2HP per Lernpunkt (LP), instead of +1. It makes more sense after all ranks in Einstecker (Talent: +3HP) are acquired.

Generally speaking: A high defense is more important in DS4 than high HPs. You also need to consider that there is the Ausweichen-talent (Evasion?) which immediately allows you to negate one (normal) melee attack. That being said, HPs are mostly important during low levels (1-5), where a defense value of 21+ is less common.       

Does my rant help you in any way…? ;D (I might have missed your point, totally – If so, I apologise in advance).

Best,
MH+

Dextolen

• Stufe 15
  • Dungeonslayer
  • Hat DS-Material in eine andere Sprache übersetzt Scriptor (Bronze): Fanwerk oder Tool für DS erstellt DS-Communitykalender SL einer Forenrunde DS-Online 500+ Postings Conslayer - Uhrwerk DemoTeam DS-Pet: Besitzt ein DS spielendes Haustier Hat eine Seite mit DS-Inhalten (CampaignLogs, Downloads, Settings oder Tools) Ulf: Hat im März 2013 am Flimmerschwinden teilgenommen und den Ulf gemacht Mitglied der DS-GooglePlus-Gruppe
    • Awards
« Antwort #2 am: 25. Mai 2015, 16:40:14 »

If characters are fulfilling their roles in the traditional sense, and a healer is in the group, it should not be an issue.  DS is a deadly game, as well.

vikleroy

• Stufe 5
  • Dungeonslayer
    • Awards
« Antwort #3 am: 25. Mai 2015, 19:48:21 »

As you say Dex, DS is a deadly game, but it can be less deadly.

MH+, that's exactly my reflexion. You say 2 HP for 1 talent, why not.
I don't know which rule to use, for exemple a warrior can gain 3 HP and the mage ony 1, or gaining an average of HP depending of the class at each level, for example, the amount of HP gained is equal to the level, or a warrior gain 4 HP per level, a scout 2 HP and mages 1 per level.

I dont' have played enough to see if it's too "powerful" or not.

But actually, if mages rest at 20 HP at a level 10 and only 12 DEF, I'm not sure they can go further in adventures.

CK

• Administrator
  • Stufe 20
  • Kultur: Bergzwerge
  • Klasse: Krieger
  • Just slay
  • Redakteur bei Burning Books Hat 1+ MGQ-Spielbericht veröffentlicht Hat 1+ MGQ geleitet 1000+ Postings Chronist (Silber): Hat 4+ DS-Spielsessionberichte gepostet Scriptor (Gold): Inhalte für Printpublikation verfasst Gehört zu den Oberen 10 Themenstartern
    • Dungeonslayers.de
    • Awards
« Antwort #4 am: 26. Mai 2015, 20:07:22 »

I dunno if more hitpoints are really necessary - my players play by the book at high levels and of course more hitpoints are always helpful - but imho not needed to survive. Helpful - of course. Necessary? Don't think so.
There are a lot of talents to let your character avoid damage and bring the enemy down without getting serious wounds yourself. And a highlevel-mage is nearly unkillable (and I don't mean because he can teleport away). Spells can paralyse and trick the enemy, while you fly high up in the air shooting fireballs with magic-enhanced hp behind barriers of magic.

Sry - "What else can he say" you might think but I am really open to all things making the game better - but I don't think more hp are doing this. And by the way - what's with the enemie's hitpoints in case you give the pc a bonus? Would you give them these hp-bonus too or make the pc Über-Charaktere out of balance from the rest of the "world"?

Of course this DS-hp-thing wasn't done by accident or wrong design - I always diskliked those 120hp-D&D-warriors who can jumpf off cliffs directly in an orc-hoard. So the hp-rising of DS was always meant to be low. Nevertheless - some ranks in Endurance or a good body-value help mages to survive the first levels of apprenticehood before they become the masters of the game.

But all of this is only based on my personal opinion - if you prefer more hp: go on.

Dextolen

• Stufe 15
  • Dungeonslayer
  • Hat DS-Material in eine andere Sprache übersetzt Scriptor (Bronze): Fanwerk oder Tool für DS erstellt DS-Communitykalender SL einer Forenrunde DS-Online 500+ Postings Conslayer - Uhrwerk DemoTeam DS-Pet: Besitzt ein DS spielendes Haustier Hat eine Seite mit DS-Inhalten (CampaignLogs, Downloads, Settings oder Tools) Ulf: Hat im März 2013 am Flimmerschwinden teilgenommen und den Ulf gemacht Mitglied der DS-GooglePlus-Gruppe
    • Awards
« Antwort #5 am: 27. Mai 2015, 04:22:37 »

well said.

I have a player who has used almost every TP to take Endurance, I find it boring, personally.

vikleroy

• Stufe 5
  • Dungeonslayer
    • Awards
« Antwort #6 am: 27. Mai 2015, 17:57:33 »

That's I wanted to know. You convince me CK. Thank you.