Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren.
Hast du deine Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Benutzername: Passwort:

Autor Thema: Henchmen, Hirelings and Mercenaries  (Gelesen 8417 mal)

Dextolen

• Stufe 15
  • Kultur: Alle
  • Klasse: Alle
  • Dungeonslayer
  • Hat DS-Material in eine andere Sprache übersetzt DS-Communitykalender Scriptor (Bronze): Fanwerk oder Tool für DS erstellt SL einer Forenrunde DS-Online 500+ Postings Conslayer - Uhrwerk DemoTeam DS-Pet: Besitzt ein DS spielendes Haustier Hat eine Seite mit DS-Inhalten (CampaignLogs, Downloads, Settings oder Tools) Ulf: Hat im März 2013 am Flimmerschwinden teilgenommen und den Ulf gemacht Mitglied der DS-GooglePlus-Gruppe
    • Awards
Henchmen, Hirelings and Mercenaries
« am: 30. April 2021, 14:29:10 »

My friends and I are starting up a new Freelands DS campaign after 8 years away.  One of my players really wants to take the campaign in a 'domain play' direction as they level - becoming a Lord and getting territory and troops.

Has anybody done Fanwerk on:

1. Hirelings/Henchmen for use in adventures - bringing archers, swordsman, torchboys etc into the dungeon with you. How to manage payment, shares of treasure, XP, and morale.
2. Experts - Hiring of sages, blacksmiths, alchemists, masons, etc to build things or research things for you outside of adventuring. Payment, rate of production, etc.
3. Followers, troops and mercenaries - Paying and keeping morale up on large forces to control at higher levels.
4. Mass combat rules.

Zauberlehrling

• Stufe 20
  • Kultur: Wyndländer
  • Klasse: Krieger
  • Er will doch nur spielen!
  • DS-Communitykalender Registrierter Betatester Slaydakteur: Hat an 1+ Ausgaben der SLAY! mitgewirkt Chronist (Gold): Hat 12+ DS-Spielsessionberichte gepostet SL einer Forenrunde DS-Online 1000+ Postings Scriptor (Bronze): Fanwerk oder Tool für DS erstellt
    • Awards
Antw:Henchmen, Hirelings and Mercenaries
« Antwort #1 am: 30. April 2021, 14:52:46 »

I will send sintholos immediately

Sintholos

• Darc-Redaktion
  • Stufe 20
  • Kultur: Vandrianer
  • Slayer!!!!
  • Redakteur bei Burning Books 1000+ Postings Slaydakteur: Hat an 1+ Ausgaben der SLAY! mitgewirkt Chronist (Gold): Hat 12+ DS-Spielsessionberichte gepostet DS-Communitykalender Scriptor (Bronze): Fanwerk oder Tool für DS erstellt
    • Awards
« Antwort #2 am: 30. April 2021, 15:21:27 »

I and my players are currently working on a Module regarding Domain Management. Right now it includes:
- Several Different Stats like Population, Loyalty, Stability, Economy,Defense and Unrest,
- 10 Different Authorities with attached Offices like The Ruler, The High Priester, The Court Mage etc.,
- Citybuilding with lots of available structures like shops, a castle etc.,
- Development of the Countryside with farms or special environmental improvements, like quarries. Additionally special landmarks like old ruins or caves can play a role as well,
- Special Events happening each month of the Management Cycle with attached rolls to determine outcomas and special bonusses for the next month.
But it will still take some time to test and prepare it for release. When do you think you really need these rules?

Regarding Hirelings: There is nothing I know of.
Experts: Everyone who holds Office in my Domain Management Module is entitled to some sort of  compensation. The amount of money available and who gets it is determined by the ruler of the realm. So it's up to negotiation.
Followers: Not right know. But it's an interesting concept. I thought about letting my players have two actual parties: One with the Main Characters doing all the real important stuff like politics and leading armies and another party which is more of an adventurer type, doing the lowly grunt work. But there is nothing with written down rules, since I dropped that idea entirely.
Mass combat Rules: I have been brainstorming for some time about this and started working on some extended rules of this together with Dzaarion. But since we both seemed to lack the time to proceed with it, it is on hold right now. It was planned to have certain kinds of troops, with options regarding equipment, training, bonuses, spells and rules regarding terrain, attached characters and an interdependency to the defense - stat of the domain...

Zauberlehrling

• Stufe 20
  • Kultur: Wyndländer
  • Er will doch nur spielen!
  • DS-Communitykalender Registrierter Betatester Slaydakteur: Hat an 1+ Ausgaben der SLAY! mitgewirkt Chronist (Gold): Hat 12+ DS-Spielsessionberichte gepostet SL einer Forenrunde DS-Online 1000+ Postings Scriptor (Bronze): Fanwerk oder Tool für DS erstellt
    • Awards
« Antwort #3 am: 30. April 2021, 17:41:38 »

I had another idea - do you know Slay!02? And how good is your German?

In Slay!02 ( http://dungeonslayers.net/download/Slay02.pdf ) you find 4 new hero-classes (is that the term?): Apothecary, Bard, Commander and Illusionist. The commander has a talent that gives him a hireling called "Adjutant" thta gives him a hireling (either fighter, scout or healer).

CK

• Administrator
  • Stufe 20
  • Kultur: Bergzwerge
  • Just slay
  • Redakteur bei Burning Books Hat 1+ MGQ geleitet Hat 1+ MGQ-Spielbericht veröffentlicht 1000+ Postings Chronist (Silber): Hat 4+ DS-Spielsessionberichte gepostet Scriptor (Gold): Inhalte für Printpublikation verfasst Gehört zu den Oberen 10 Themenstartern
    • Dungeonslayers.de
    • Awards
« Antwort #4 am: 06. Mai 2021, 11:39:16 »

Some thoughts

1. Hirelings/Henchmen for use in adventures - bringing archers, swordsman, torchboys etc into the dungeon with you. How to manage payment, shares of treasure, XP, and morale.
@payment:
Depends.
A Heliahealer would have followers of faith (no payment, no treasure), a hired mercenary should earn at least  food & lodging and get a share of the loot. Perhaps % of loot equals the chance on d100 if he stays at your site in combat. But again depends -  an honourful dwarf is less likely to flee, while a thief from stormcliff has a higher chance to run away. And a slave? Some will die for their master, other would eagerly let him die.

@XP:
I always regarded npc as part of the party. If 4 pc + 1 npc fight 5 orcs everyone gets 1 orc-xp.

@morale:
Depends ::)
You could use a basic value of 10 in d20 and modify it (+ for more loot, being a fanboy of a pc or religious motivations; - for bad treatening, less loot, no personal relationship to pc)

You see - a lot of rules could come into play. Or just eyeball it.

Zitat
2. Experts - Hiring of sages, blacksmiths, alchemists, masons, etc to build things or research things for you outside of adventuring. Payment, rate of production, etc.

In my personal 10 year campaign (played 1+ per week) we didn t used rules, it happened. Some npc joined because they were hired, others were part of an adventure. We played a long time, so we had no hurry and no need for rules just to have "it all" next session.